KESTREL SPORTSMAN WEATHER METER WITH APPLIED BALLISTICS
The Kestrel Sportsman Weather Meter combines accurate measurement of air density and wind with a powerful ballistics calculator to deliver precise elevation and windage solutions for any gun, any round, any shot. The built-in enhanced Applied Ballistics G1/G7 ballistics solver is tested and trusted by long-range hunters and shooters. As a general rule, this meter is for people shooting out to 800 yards.
What was new with the Kestrel Sportsman Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics over the previous Kestrel 4500 Sportsman series:
- Bluetooth LINK to Smartphones / Mobiel / Android / IOS
- Spin Drift - this was not on the 4500 Sportsman
- Takes 1 AA battery (instead of 2 AAA)
- Battery door is in the back, sealed away from the motherboard, should your battery leak as was common with all the 4000 series
- Improved high resolution screen for any lighting (even sunlight) and easy on your eyes.
- Intuitive user-interface screen navigation
- Multiple Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Scratch and breakage-resistant window
- All meters include both options of Red (NV - Night Vision) & White backlights.
- Slightly bigger, not really noticeable difference. Fits same cases.
- Roughly 10,000 data points.
Kestrel Sportsman Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics Features
- Employs the enhanced Applied Ballistics G1/G7 solver, including Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift and Coriolis corrections to achieve accurate long-range shots.
- Muzzle Velocity Truing allows for accurate measurement of bullet speed without a chronograph.
- Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth Smart® provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers. and integration with LiNK compatible laser range finders for improved speed and accuracy.
- Choice of solution units (Mils, MOA, or clicks)- works with any gun or targeting scope.
- Weather mode offers the full environmental measurements, storage and charting capabilities of the Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter, including wind speed, direction, crosswind, temperature, humidity, pressure and altitude.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight. Includes both bright white and night-vision-preserving red backlight.
- Kestrel LiNK for Ballistics app on iOS and Android provides convenient gun management and backup.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards) and waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards).
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- 5-year warranty